Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Princess Annalise

We've been having a challenging time getting the kids to bed at a decent time all summer long, with falling asleep times ranging from 10:00 pm at the earliest and all the way to midnight. One night last week Jeremy decided to try running the kids around the block, in their pajamas in the dark. He took Annalise out first and they ran around it 3 times straight, which I found out the next day equals about a mile! My 3 year old girl can already run a mile? That's better than lots of adults! Hudson went next and he got distracted and wanted to stop and walk. We need to look for some little kid races for them to be in this fall. I was thinking about signing Annalise up for a ballet & tumbling class, but I'm having a hard time with that. I will eventually if I know she will enjoy it, and make some new little girl friends while in the class. I would also be just as happy if she wanted to play soccer instead or run around on a muddy field, because she is just as much a princess whether dressed in a pink, frilly leotard or wearing muddy sport clothes, and I hope that is the message she hears starting at this early, impressionable age. I remind myself to be careful and not make dieting or weight comments and jokes (how I need to slim down or try to squeeze into clothes that are too small, etc.) I am always trying to find a balance between teaching my daughter to take care of herself, or fix her hair prettily for example, but at the same time not too fancy that she can hardly be a child and be free to run and play without messing it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment