Saturday, September 8, 2012

"Mommy, help-et"

One morning this week I stepped away from the kitchen for a minute, getting ready to scramble eggs, and came back to find more eggs added to the cracked ones and Hudson standing next to the counter saying, "Mommy, help-et" in his sweet little voice.  I had to take a picture :)


I also made some really good fish last week with some fresh herbs I happened to have on hand that I don't usually have and had to find something to do with them.  Here is the recipe:

I took some white fish (thawed) and mixed it around in a bowl of 1 egg (white), almond meal flour, salt and pepper to coat it, and then pan fried the fish with a little butter.  After they were done I added the fresh herbs - mint leaves and cilantro - and lemon juice (lime would be better).  It was like a mint mojito taste.  I liked putting the fresh herbs in my water glass with some lemon or lime juice too and it was so refreshing.  Hudson was really excited to dig in when I put it on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment