Saturday, September 22, 2012

If I could do that, I can do anything

It's been about one week since Jeremy and I have started this health challenge and we're both doing pretty well and feeling alright.  Both of us have felt like we have some kind of flu and it is from the sugar withdrawal most likely.  I have also felt weak but I am able to keep up with all my running and enjoy it.  I'm noticing that I am cooking even more from scratch now.  Even something as simple as a soup recipe I have to adjust or make my own stock for.  There are no available bullion or store-bought soup stocks that do not have unnecessary chemical ingredients or sugars or corn syrups in them.  None!  I have checked a couple times and read every single label.  So if I want to make chicken soup or borscht soup, I have to make it with my own.  Chili is easier to make and it always turns out good :)

I was thinking last night about how we just plain coddle our bodies too much and don't push ourselves hard enough to do things that we could be doing - in exercising or anything athletic, or other activities in life.  That's just how it is in the west mainly.  In other cultures you don't see that as much.  I also notice that a lot of mommas with small babies are on the rise in joining crossfit gyms.  I know that for a lot of these mothers when they realize what their bodies are capable of - being in labor for 48 or more hours and delivering a beautiful baby, for example (my experience)... you realize that if you can do that you could do just about anything.  I would have to say that having a baby is way more of a challenge than racing a marathon.  Even after having a baby the physical work of carrying and breastfeeding for 1 or more years is quite demanding.  And now as 2 and 3 year olds mine have so much energy that I am on "active recovery" exercise nearly every minute of the day.  Having kiddos is one of the things that motivates me to push myself further each day.  I am so thankful to be a momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment